Skip Navigation
Oklahoma State University

History of the CMT Program

 

2014
Lantz Holtzhower and Rachel Mosier joined the faculty

2013
Dr. Heather Yates was appointed as CMT Program Director

2006
Heather Yates joined the faculty

2002
Dana Hobson was appointed Department Head

1996
Dana Hobson joined the faculty

1992
Mark Pruitt joined the faculty

1991
Charles Rich was appointed Department Head

1988
Charles Rich joined the faculty

1987
Jerrold Bradley was appointed Department Head

1981
Dean Imel was appointed Department Head

1977
CMT became TAC/ABET accredited

1974
Garold Oberlender was appointed Department Head.  He hired Dean Imel and Jerrold Bradley

1972
Greg Tracey became the first Head of the new 4-year program.  He replaced Dean Irby who was the original Head of the AS program.

1971
The School of Technical Training became the School of Technology

1969
The Four-Year Bachelor of Science Degree was approved

1957
The Associate Degree was approved and Oklahoma A&M became OSU

1945
The defense needs had decreased, so the School of Technical Training no longer participated in War Production Training Programs and the School returned to its original objectives 

1937
Oklahoma A&M established the School of Technical Training, but it was interrupted by WW II